Crude Comments Objectifying Womens' Appearance
Table Of Contents
Explanation of Conservative Trope
Hollywood normalizes men making crude comments about women's bodies on screen which has a major impact on women in real life. Conservative men especially react angrily if women don't "appreciate" it when they pay them a "compliment."
Conservative Trope Examples
- Why Him (2016) | Crude Comments Objectifying Womens' Appearance for LaughsLaird (James Franco) tells Stephanie (Zoey Deutch) her mom "is a MILF. Like, a genuine MILF. And if it wasn't your MILF, she'd be a MIWF, a mother I would f*ck" even after she asks him to stop talking about "how hot my mom is."
- Hall Pass (2011) | Crude Comments Objectifying Womens' Appearance for LaughsRick "Owen Wilson" and Fred (Jason Sudeikis) talk about "the shiny new set of cans on Mandy Bohan (Alyssa Milano)" and agree her breasts have to be fake or else "she's buying her t-shirts at Baby Gap" and then begin debating the breasts of all the other women in their group.
- Superbad (2007) | Crude Comments Objectifying Womens' Appearance for LaughsSeth (Jonah Hill) tells Evan he is "truly jealous you got to suck on those t*ts when you were a baby" after Evan's mom, wearing a very tight and revealing shirt, leaned into Seth's car to have a chat with her son.
- Liar Liar (1997) | Crude Comments Objectifying Womens' Appearance for LaughsFletcher (Jim Carey) enters his apartment elevator and very blatantly stares at a woman's excessively portrayed cleavage followed by his trademark silly smirk at the camera as the doors close. The camera continues with a zoomed in shot of her breasts and they make small talk where Fletcher says the reason everyone's been really nice to her is because "you have big jugs." He makes further crude comments about the size of her breasts and the next transition is the elevator opening with Fletcher holding his face because she hit him.Staff AsideIt's funny because the premise of the movie is that he cannot lie and so these must be honest, natural impulses and because she was too oblivious to notice his excessive ogling.
- Billy Madison (1995) | Crude Comments Objectifying Womens' Appearance for LaughsBilly crows "Oh Veronica Vaughn. So hot! Want to touch the hiney! Arrooough!" in a high-pitched voice as Ms. Vaughn walks back to the classroom after scolding Billy for making fun of a student.Staff AsideOf course, she lets the immature sexist comments slide. The worst is when women are written to act normally in the face of very sexist behavior. The second worst is when over the top sexist behavior can be dismissed as humor because it is so over the top. The third worst is when over the top sexist behavior can be dismissed as humor because it is expected because of the specific genre (in this case it's an Adam Sandler movie so we know anything sexist is meant to be a joke to be laughed at. ha ha.)
- Billy Madison (1995) | Crude Comments Objectifying Womens' Appearance for LaughsBus driver Chris Farley says "that Veronica Vaughn is one piece of 'ayyce.' I know from experience, dude, if you know what I mean" after looking up Ms. Vaughn's skirt as she walks up the bus stairs.
- Dumb and Dumber (1994) | Crude Comments Objectifying Womens' Appearance for LaughsHarry encourages Larry to "look at the buns on that one" as a woman in tight pants and her male companion walk past them on the sidewalk.
- Tommy (Wyatt Knight), Billy (Mark Herrier) and Pee Wee (Dan Monahan) spy on a group of high school girls showering through holes drilled in the wall. The girls have no idea they are being watched until Pee Wee, frustrated that his peephole keeps getting blocked by a heavyset girl, crudely yells for her to get out of the way so he can watch the other girls. The girls quickly cover themselves with towels, but instead of going to get a faculty member they tease and flirt with the guys. Tommy takes it a dramatic step further and puts his privates through one of the holes, but unbeknownst to him Coach Beulah Balbricker walks in and the girls all run away. The other boys don't let Tommy know the teacher is there, so he is left exposed when she firmly grabs his privates as he shrieks in pain.Other Tropes: Sexual Misconduct Not Taken Seriously