Women Objectified in Overly Gratuitous Scenes
Table Of Contents
Conservative Trope Examples
- Princess Tilde (Hanna Alstrom) promises Eggsy (Taron Egerton) that "we can do it in the asshole" if he saves the world after visiting with her outside of the room she's being held prisoner in. After Eggsy saves the world he grabs a bottle of champagne and two glasses and sprints to the room Princess Tilde is being held in, loosens his tie, and then enters her room. Then the camera zooms in on her naked bottom right as the movie ends.
- Adult film star next door neighbor Danielle (Elisha Cuthbert) surprises Matthew's two friends by ringing their doorbell with a white shirt and red bra mostly showing and says, "I'm all wet, can I come in?" They gawk at her for a couple seconds before Matthew appears in the scene, and they both laugh at his friends' jaw dropped expressions.Other Tropes: Women Objectified for Laughs
- Liv Tyler, wearing a tight purple dress that doesn't leave much for the imagination, purposefully sprays herself with a hose, rubs her body all over the car, and suggestively squeezes the soapy suds from the sponge all over her as John Goodman creepily gawks at her from a distance.
- Head cheerleader Darcy Sears (Ali Larter) tries to seduce lead actor star quarterback Mox (James Van Der Beek) by posing in a whipped cream "bikini" to try to use him as a way to escape their small town.
- John Belushi climbs a ladder at a sorority house at night and spies on several half naked women having a pillow fight before moving to a second window where school cheerleader Mandy Pepperidge is slowly undressing alone. As she takes off her bra, Belushi smirks and does the "raised double eyebrows" directly into the camera, breaking the fourth wall for laughs as if the audience is enjoying it along with him. Mandy undresses and touches her skin in such a suggestive manner that John Belushi faints and crashes backwards to the ground in a scene that lasted an entire 47 seconds.Staff Aside47 seconds is more than twice the time the CDC recommends to wash your hands to combat viruses like Covid-19Other Tropes: Women Love Pillow Fights