Vigilantism is Justified
Table Of Contents
Conservative Trope Examples
- Hutch (Bob Odenkirk) boldly tells five belligerent hooligans harassing a young woman on a bus that he's "going to f*ck" them up before emptying all the bullets from his revolver and tossing his gun onto the floor. He proceeds to fight all five at once, seriously wounding them all despite the odds being stacked against him in a fight scene that lasted over four minutes. After all is said and done the young woman is safe and Hutch casually exits the bus, apologizes to the driver "for the mess," and walks off into the night.
- The Kingsman are a secret spy service formed by British elite not beholden to international customs and law who do whatever it takes to save the world from bad guys who, surprise surprise, happen to be corrupt politicians and environmentalists using global warming as a pretext for committing mass genocide and ushering in a new world order of [liberal] elites.Staff AsideThe film doesn't explicitly criticize liberal elites, but it's inferred so strongly that it's difficult to ignore.
- On a mostly empty subway car, two men steal a kid's iPod, assault a man with his kid and chase them out at the next stop. They then approach "The Brave One" Jodie Foster sitting alone at the far end and one man pulls out a scary looking knife, runs it across her skin and then says, "Have you ever been fucked by a --" upon which she pulls out a gun and shoots them both dead.Staff AsideThis is such an overly extreme over the top crime fearmongering.
- Paul Rayburn (Christopher Walken) tells the director of the Mexican Federal Ministerial Police that Creasy (Denzel Washington) will "deliver more justice in a weekend than ten years of your [Mexican] courts and tribunals. Just stay out of his way" while discussing Creasy's plans to find a young girl who's been kidnapped.
- John Creasy (Denzel Washington) duct tapes a suspected kidnappers hands to a steering wheel and cuts off a finger after he initially refuses to divulge any information about where the young girl John's looking for is. John then cuts another finger and part of his ear off, which finally gets the suspected kidnapper to spill the beans on where the girl is. After getting all the information he came for, John lights the kidnappers cigarette then shoots him in the head.