Women Acting Normal to Objectification
Table Of Contents
Conservative Trope Examples
- The Internship (2013) | Women "Too Dumb" to Realize They are Being ObjectifiedWill Ferrell “helps out” an attractive woman buy a mattress by having her get on a mattress and then put her in obviously inappropriate and suggestive poses with him under the guise of helping. Of course, she cluelessly thinks nothing of it and lets him continue doing it.
- This Is 40 (2012) | Women "Too Oblivious" to Realize They are Being ObjectifiedProfessional trainer Jason (Jason Segel) tells Desi (Megan Fox) that she's "a beautiful woman, but not totally maxed out" and went on to rate her on a scale of 1-10, giving her a "six, a six and a half," but lets her know that he can make her "an eleven," as if it's totally normal to rate a woman right to her face. Instead of being horrified by his behavior, Desi excitedly asks for his help in getting a higher number on his completely manufactured scale.
- Hartman (Thomas Haden Church) slaps Mary (Sandra Bullock) on her backside and tells her to "have a nice life" after they are rescued from a well they were stuck in. Mary giggles and responds "ok!" as she walks away.
- EuroTrip (2004) | Women "Too Dumb" to Realize They are Being ObjectifiedCooper jumps into a hot tub uninvited with a lone female student named Candy at their high school graduation party. She yells out "Cooper Harris, you're a pig!" and starts to get out but he is able to convince her to stay by saying "before you go, you might want to clean that off." He gets her to rub her breast repeatedly trying to clean off whatever it is, but apparently it is not working. She's encouraged to take off her bikini top and then rub her breast some more. That still doesn't work so Cooper offers to do it himself at which point her friend shows up and she finally realized Cooper was tricking her. There was not something on her breasts after all. Ha, ha, he got her!
- Daniel (Hugh Grant) and his associate gawk at Bridget (Renée Zellweger) from his office as she walks by in a short black skirt. Daniel immediately sends Bridget an email telling her they have a "serious problem" because "you appear to have forgotten your skirt." Instead of reporting her boss to HR for blatant sexual harassment, Bridget giggles and then responds by saying her skirt is just fine and then anxiously awaits Daniel's reply.Other Tropes: Sexual Harassment Not Taken Seriously
- Dazed and Confused (1993) | Women Unaware of Obvious ObjectificationDon makes a high-school freshman girl answer a number of sexually explicit questions as part of a school hazing ritual then says he'll "definitely marry" her after she answered in a way he approves of.