Homophobic Comments for Laughs
Table Of Contents
Conservative Trope Examples
- Dr. Julia's (Jennifer Aniston) asks Nick (Jason Bateman) "did you suck that c*ck like a Bomb Pop down to the blue?" and he responds "I ate that d*ck. I ate those balls, and I licked that kid's sweaty a*shole" after unintentionally finding himself in a sex addiction group being moderated by Dr. Julia in her office.
- The guys have a long chat discussing whether they would "make out with a guy or let him blow you" and refusing to pick one isn't an option because "your whole family will die" as if it's a completely normal thing for straight men to have that kind of discussion.
- Phil (Bradley Cooper) makes a couple homophobic remarks including yelling, "Paging Dr. F#@got" and his answering machine message says, "don't text me, it's gay."Other Tropes: Homophobic Slurs
- Peter's dad says that his son Robbie never had a problem making friends growing up because "he probably wanted to suck their d*cks."
- The lead race announcer tells the audience that "Girard is sitting on the pole, which is a statement of fact and in no way a comment on his sexual orientation."Staff AsideThe pole position in NASCAR is the driver who had the best qualifying time in race trials, but the announcer felt he needs to clarify because Girard is gay.
- Cal (Seth Rogan) and David (Paul Rudd) one up each other in a rapid succession of homophobic insults and slurs in a quest to prove the other is gay in a back and forth that lasted over one minute.
- Cal (Seth Rogan) makes fun of Jay for getting "a hummer from a tranny." Jay asks Andy how he knew the prostitute was trans and he says "because her hands were as big as Andre the Giant's and she had an Adam's apple as big as her balls."
- Jay tells Andy (Steve Carell) that "it's not a big deal if you like to f*ck guys. I'm cool with it. I got friends who f*ck guys ... in jail."
- Grandma Cleary yells "you're a homo!" at her grandson Todd after he asks why his politician father considers him a "political liability."
- An attacker yells “you’re as queer as a ten-dollar bill” at Willie (Billy Bob Thornton) after walking up to his car and ambushing him.
- Dave (Adam Sandler) says he prefers to spend most of his time in "Girls Without Weinersville" to a trans prostitute Dr. Rydell (Jack Nicholson) picks up on the side of the road.
- Dr. Buddy Rydell (Jack Nicholson) asks Dave (Adam Sandler) if "it's considered cheating if you were passed around the cell block like a peace pipe?" in response to Dave's unease about flirting with another woman behind his girlfriend's back.Staff AsideDr. Rydell is Dave's court-appointed anger management counselor, so threatening Dave with jail time if he doesn't listen to him carries weight.
- Chuck (John Turturro) calls Lou (Luis Guzman) "a little Spanish fruit topping" after he complains about Chuck smoking during group therapy.Staff AsideLou is gay, so Chuck figures out a way to be both homophobic and xenophobic in one fell swoop.