Women Using Sex Appeal to Get Stuff From Men
Table Of Contents
Conservative Trope Examples
- Kurt (Jason Sudeikis) hires a beautiful young woman on the spot despite her having "no work experience at all." Later Kurt does it again and hires two additional good-looking young women who aren't qualified for the job. After Nick tell him he has to "stop hiring hot, unqualified women" he says "what's the point of being the boss if you can't stock the pond a little?"
- Bad Teacher (2011) | Women Using Sex to Get Stuff from MenElizabeth Halsey (Cameron Diaz) has a number of drinks with Professor Carl at a bar before telling him that a fantasy of hers is "getting fu*ked really hard against a wooden desk" in someone's office. Carl excitedly invites her to his office, but when they get there to presumably have sex, she drugs his glass of wine and then steals the answers to a statewide test she was after.
- The main theme of the movie is that Elizabeth Halsey (Cameron Diaz) is an amoral and manipulative woman who uses her sex appeal to get what she wants. She was initially engaged to a rich guy solely for his money and later tries to embezzle money from a middle-school car wash in order to get breast implants so she can catch the eye of Mr. Delacorte (Justin Timberlake), who is a wealthy substitute teacher at the school she's working at.
- Wichita (Emma Stone) crawls on her hands and knees in a very suggestive way ostensibly searching for her lost engagement ring, but what she really was doing was setting up a con to dupe a hapless gas station attendant to hand over all the money in his register, which he happily did.Staff AsideThe scene was a flashback to before the Zombie apocalypse, with Columbus (Jesse Eisenberg) narrating that he liked Wichita because "she's not your typical hot, stuck-up b*tch" and that "before Zombieland Wichita was running the table on guys like us."
- Heather Holloway (Katie Holmes) is depicted as an unethical reporter who sleeps with Nick Naylor (Aaron Eckhart) to get information from him on a story on his lobbying for the tobacco industry. He never said anything was off the record but just assumed so when they were having sex. He attacks her in the media and she loses her job because of it and is shown in the end stuck doing a weather report in a very bad storm. Joey later adds, "Mom says it's because you have dependency issues and it was all just a matter of time before you threw it all away on some tramp."Other Tropes: Women Using Sex to Get Stuff from Men
- EuroTrip (2004) | Women Flashing to Get Stuff from MenWhile hitchhiking with friends, Jenny (Michelle Trachtenberg) flashes her bra at passing drivers to get one of them to stop. It fails so she does it again but without a bra this time. It doesn't work either. Later in the end credits, it shows her jumping up and down topless trying to get drivers' attention but that doesn't work either.Staff AsideThroughout the movie, she is thought of as just "one of the guys" by her three male co-stars and so the scene is depicted as funny because nobody is stopping despite her best intentions.
- Serving Sara (2002) | Women Flashing to Get Stuff from MenSara (Elizabeth Hurley) flashes her breasts to a hotel clerk so they can get a room for free at a seedy hotel because they were robbed and had no money.
- 10 Things I Hate About You (1999) | Women Flashing to Get Stuff from MenKat (Julia Stiles) walks into the classroom Patrick (Heath Ledger) is serving high school detention in and motions for him to ditch detention through the window as she distracts Mr. Chapin (David Leisure) with ideas she has to "improve the girls soccer team." As Patrick tiptoes ever closer to the window she becomes more and more frantic in her effort to keep Mr. Chapin's attention and right when he's about to get caught at the window Kat lifts up her shirt and flashes Mr. Chapin, momentarily freezing him fora whopping seven seconds as he stares at her chest.Additional Tropes: Womens' Looks Used as a Distraction to Men for Laughs