Liberal Activists Depicted Negatively
Table Of Contents
Conservative Trope Examples
- Screenwriters make up an extreme left-wing activist group called "Eat the Rich" referred to as a "Next Generation Occupy Wall Street." In the opening scene, they break into a mansion, violently destroy everything they see, and the ringleader calls Spanish police pigs and claims the government is corruptly letting the wealthy owner evade sanctions. An activist also posted, "die, rich bitch, die" online about the wife. And the kicker is that everything they say and do is completely subverted. There is revealed to be no corruption whatsoever and actually the opposite -- the $75 million mansion they vandalized was in the name of the philanthropist wife who intended to donate it to environmental charities and move back to the USA with her husband leaving her corrupt father-in-law. It is also later exposed that the group leader doesn't actually care about the issues and instead does it to meet women and promote his social media. In this regard, the activist followers are depicted as non free-thinkers who are easily manipulated to violence (which is the opposite in real-life).Staff AsideThis ridiculously absurd episode is perfectly crafted to trigger false conservative beliefs about liberal economic issue protesters who in real-life do not lead, condone or encourage criminal or violent behavior. There are no liberal groups remotely like this one in the USA and in contrast the right-wing is filled with activist groups condoning and engaging in violent behavior.
- A terrorist from Portland, Oregon burns down the home of a member of the Republican National Committee and then tries to blow up a large conference of the right-wing Federalist society. He also has a bulletin board full of pictures of conservative targets at his home.Staff AsideThis episode is so completely ridiculous spreading false propaganda making liberal terrorism seem like a problem when it's actually the other way around. And additionally, they make the terrorist from Portland which is certain to further trigger conservatives who received constant propaganda falsely depicting liberals in the city negatively by the right while ignoring actual extremists like right-wing Proud Boys. And in the process, they also depict the far-right extremist Federalist Society as sympathetic victims.
- The plot centers around left-wing terrorists with ties to Venezuela who are planning an attack on a building that symbolizes American capitalism in New York City.
- A Occupy Wall Street hacker who called detective Javi a tool of the 1% takes a subway hostage with a bomb in order to free his girlfriend who went to prison for six years for hacking the federal reserve failing to find information that the federal reserve "colluded" with big banks.
- A protester leader for a liberal 99% movement (based off of Occupy Wall Street) stages a false flag bombing of his protest to gain sympathy and attention from the media, but it backfires when the bomb is moved to a place where it kills 5 people.